Sunday, December 13, 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

It's already Christmas time once again. It seems like just yesterday that I was opening my Christmas presents. The semester is winding down, thankfully. I have three midterms this week then it's break and time to recuperate before the next semester, which I'm nervous about since I will actually be taking real classes on campus and harder ones. I also will only be babysitting the twins twice a week so I'm probably going to need to find another small job. Right now I am trying to procrastinate and not do my homework and since I have no facebook anymore I figured I would update my blog.
I love Christmas time, the decorations, the music which I always forget that you can really praise the Lord and worship Him using Christmas hymns, and I love spending time with friends and family. I think I also feel so much more generous during this holiday season with donating to certain causes which I should probably do more often. Allen and I went and donated blood yesterday which was lots of fun and it feels good being able to help those who have been hurt and need blood transfusion, it only takes a little bit of time and you get so much in return.
Allen is amazing and I am so blessed to have him. He treats me like a princess and looks past the faults in me and sees me for who I am on the inside. He's also great about keeping me in check in my walk with God and just makes me so much happier. Sometimes when I am with him it feels like I am in a dream or something because I don't think I deserve him at all yet I know he's mine and he loves me. :)
I am also blessed to be able to serve such a wonderful God. A God who loves me unconditionally and sees the good in me and forgives me when I make mistakes. He gave me the greatest gift of all which is my salvation and sometimes it's hard to remember that is the true meaning of Christmas, not gifts or music, or even spending time with family. But being thankful for the gift God gave us of his only Son who could die on the cross for us and forgive us of our sins and one day when we die we can go to heaven. God is so amazing and I am so blessed to have all that He has given me. I cannot wait to see what this new year has in store for me and what I can do to help make a difference in His world.

1 comment:

allen said...

very nice!! i love how ur on fire for God and can't wait to see wat he has in store for u!! i'm so blessed to have u as my gf!!